Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cockroft Column: Summer Update

    We are nearing a month since the legislative session wrapped up in Oklahoma City, and I have spent that time with my wife on speaking engagements across the country and some much needed rest on family vacation. The saying, “There’s no place like home!” is very true though, and I’m ready to get back into the swing of things here in District 27. As I look over the session and these several hectic months I can’t help but feel a great sense of accomplishment. Not from the things I have done, but at the great strides Oklahoma has taken in that short time. There are definitely many things that need further work and greater attention in key areas of government, but I believe we are moving in the right direction.
     As I go back to my real job in the heat and air industry this summer, I can promise you that I will also be working tirelessly to represent you to the best of my ability as I work towards the next legislative session. I will continue to fight for individual liberties and protecting each of our freedoms. Making sure you keep more of your hard earned money and that state government takes a step back will always be constant goals for me. Making sure our businesses run efficiently without fear of government intrusion, our rural schools are safe from overreaching mandates and can have local control, and that your voice is heard are all reasons why I am here to serve you.
    I have so enjoyed getting better acquainted with so many of you over these past months and look forward to deepening those relationships for years to come. I’m excited about going to so many events this summer and meeting many more of you! Of course there are events such as the McLoud Blackberry Festival in July, Tecumseh’s Frontier Days in August, and all the Pink Indian Taco Dinners that I will be at, but there will be numerous town council meetings and other community events I will make sure and attend. Please don’t hesitate to drop by or grab me and introduce yourself. As always, if there is ever any way that I can help you, please let me know. That’s what I’m here for!
    Make sure to keep track of all of my happenings on my frequently-updated blog: www.repjoshcockroft.blogspot.com. Follow me on Twitter: @VoteCockroft27 and @joshcockroft. Friend me on Facebook: Friends of Cockroft for OK State House. Call me at (405)557-7349, or email me at: josh.cockroft@okhouse.gov.
    May God richly bless you this summer! Stay cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment