Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekly Newspaper Column - Schedule for Town Hall Meetings Set

For me, one of the best parts about serving as an elected official is the interaction I get to have with so many people across and around my legislative district. It truly is an honor to serve the people of District 27 and to be their voice at the Capitol in Oklahoma City. I am always looking for new ways to listen to the needs and desires of my constituents. I am excited to announce the schedule for a series of town hall meetings later this summer. Formatted much like the Tuesday Talks that Congressman James Lankford holds, these town hall meetings will provide an opportunity to share information on what is happening inside state government and hear the concerns and thoughts of my constituents.
           
Each town hall meeting will consist of a brief time for me to share details of issues being looked at in Oklahoma City, and a time of questions and answers from the audience. My hope is that those in attendance will leave with a better understanding of what your state government is working on, and that I will know better how to represent you at the Capitol. This follows my promise to provide more accountable and accessible government to the people of House District 27. This is not a campaign stop, but rather an opportunity for an elected official to better hear his constituents.”

The locations, dates, and times for these town hall meetings can be found below:

  • Aug. 15 at 7 p.m. - Little Axe - Little Axe Community Center
  • Aug. 16 at 11 a.m. - Tribbey - Tribbey Senior Citizens Center
  • Aug. 21 at 12 p.m. - Pink - Pink Senior Citizens Center
  • Aug. 22 at 12 p.m. - Macomb - Macomb Masonic Lodge
  • Aug. 22 at 6:30 p.m. - Tecumseh – Tecumseh City Hall Auditorium
  • Aug. 29 at 6:30 p.m. - Asher – Asher Town Trustee's Chamber
  • Sept. 5 at 6:30 p.m. -  Maud – Maud Town Trustee's Chamber

I look forward to visiting with everyone! I encourage you to come, even if you aren't well versed in politics. Knowing what your local elected officials believe in and what they are working on is important. I know that we all lead busy lives, but I hope you will set one of these evenings aside when I am in your community! Come and let me know how I can better serve you. That is why I am here!


Any questions you have can be directed towards my office at: 405-557-7349, or by email at: Josh.Cockroft@okhouse.gov. Also follow me on Facebook: Representative Josh Cockroft, and on Twitter: @VoteCockroft27. 

No comments:

Post a Comment